Sunday, February 24, 2008

Nested Easter



Loading up my second card for today - a flowery Easter Blessings!

Todays Featured Stamper on Split Coast is Mary Jo Albright - who has a super gallery! We are to pick one of her cards and copy it changing a few things on it.
I chose this card to CASE (Copy And Share with Everyone) this card where Mary Jo created a medalion using a lot of punches. Instead of Stampin Up punches as she did - I layered several scalloped and plain circle Nestabilities that I also embossed. And I used several pastel colors - Pretty in Pink, Blue Bayou, Pixie Pink, Blush Blossom, Cameo Coral and Bashful Blue - instead of just groovy guava.
Then I added punched flowers (EK Success) and leaf stems (Martha Stewart) that I direct to paper inked with Soft Sky. I also bent the edges of the flowers and leaves over my finger tip to give them a little dimension.
The flowers are popped up on dimensionals as is the sentiment.
The designer paper is that delicious Basic Grey Two Scoops called Spumoni. I punched the corners of the Blue Bayou with a ticket corner punch.
I really like all the dimension on this card with the popped up flowers - in real life they stand out much more than in the picture!
Tomorrow I'm going to load up some different bags and containers that I have made.
Thanks for spending some of your Sunday with me!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

How very pretty! Luv that Basic Grey paper. Are those die cut circles, or from one of those Marvy BIG punches? Either way, very nice. Looking forward to tomorrows projects, containers.....Phyllis