Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Running Rabbits Treat Box





I decorated this round wooden box for the My Favorite Things March Guest Designer Challenge on SCS. The challenge was to create a 3 dimensional project involving candy. I wasn't chosen as the guest designer - but I do love this little box that I created!

I used the MFT Hoppy Easter set and Stampin Up Wintergreen DP. I covered the rim of the top with this luscious brown gathered ribbon. I love these cute little rabbits that are chasing each other and because it is a vinyl stamp I could bend it a little so the bunnies would print around the circle on the cover. I colored the bunnies with Prismacolor marker. There is one tiny yellow chick there filling the space left over. I used my nestabilities to punch and emboss the white circle on top and stamped it with the larger bunny as well as another tiny chick. I attached it to the cover with dimensionals. For the candy part - I punched circles out of the DP and stamped just one of the bunnies and attached the circle to small York Peppermint patties. I lined the inside of the box bottom and cover with the DP. A cute little box filled with yummie treats! What more could you want?!
I'd love to hear your thoughts about my Easter Box - click on comments below!

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Cute, cute, cute! I have resisted getting this set, but this makes it even more tempting!