Sunday, February 17, 2008

Star Baby


I'm on a stamping roll tonight - tomorrow's a holiday so after going out to supper at the IHOP tonight as a treat (I love the strawberry and boysenberry syrups there!) I got to work on this card for Beate's weekend sketch seen here.

I just got this sweet star stamp over the weekend and couldn't wait to ink it up. It seemed to fit perfectly in the block on Beate's sketch. I used this beautiful Amy Butler DP from K&Co that I was introduced to in a recent inspiration challenge on Split Coast. The stars are cut with the nestabilities dies and also embossed. You can't really see the embossing dimension on them in the picture unfortunately. Then I punched the sentiment with the word punch. The stars and circles are mounted with dimensionals. I heated the ribbon a bit with my hot gun to curl it.

The paper colors are Sage Shadow and Very Vanilla. The sentiment and little star stamp are from the Small Sayings set from Stampin Up and the big star is A Stamp in the Hand. I mounted the star and circles with dimensionals. I used Pitch Black Adirondack ink and Memories Soft Sage.

Let me know what you think about this cute baby stamp by clicking comments below!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you using your new stuff again! The card came out darling, I love all those stars.

Anonymous said...

This is adorable Julia! I have that paper too; isn't it fun!?