Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Riley's Brewin


Hello everyone! I didn't think I would get to a card tonight - when I got home I had to work on more Easter crafts and make an ATC (artist trading card) for an exchange I do with MissHelenStamps on SCS and make and eat supper! - but, of course I did get to my card - it's the sketch challenge on SCS after all and I ALWAYS do that challenge, right??!!


And I finally used my Riley stamp from Hanna Stamps. I bought about 7 of them (Easter, St. Patricks, in the plane, in the chair) - He is just so cute and doesn't he look comfy in his easy chair with his coffee and cupcake?! After I put this together I thought the back panels looked just like a couple of windows that Riley is sitting in front of in his den - and he is looking right at his big screen tv where we are standing!!! lol!


I used my Prismacolor markers to color him in. I like them much better than the Copic Markers. I have a few Copics - but they don't seem to color as well for me as the Prismacolor markers. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the fact that I only have 12 copics and you really need several shades of each color to do the proper blending etc. and they are very expensive... so for now I'm happy with my Prismacolors and just filling in with solid color.


I was tagged today by Danielle over on her blog - Wild Dragonfly Designs! So I have to write 7 random things about myself. I'm going to think about this overnight - so check back tomorrow to find out what I have to reveal about myself!!


Thanks so much for coming by today!



Stamps: Riley: Hanna Stamps, Sentiment - Art Impressions
Paper: Very Vanilla, Bazzill Brown, DP K& Co
Ink: Pitch Black - Adirondack
Accessories: dimensionals, nestability circles, prismacolor markers, cranberry crisp stitched ribbon - SU

5 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Hi Julia,
just wanted to stop by and say hello! I'm sure I'll be a regular visitor!
Pat

dpkennedy said...

This is a great layout. That Riley is so cute! Wish that was me with my feet up drinking my coffee!

Jana Weaver said...

Great Riley card...very cute!! I love the way you colored him. Have a great day!

Linsey R said...

Oh, how cute! I love this little guy, thinking more and more about getting my hands on him myself! Love the dark, coffee colors--perfect feeling for this one! Danielle is so sweet and has great taste--not a wonder that she tagged u! hugs!

Anonymous said...

Too stinkin' cute!!!