Wednesday, April 2, 2008

God's Promises Are Like the Stars

Tonight's card was made for the Sketch Challenge over on Split Coast. We had to make a card using this pattern. It's a nice simple sketch and one that really shows off your designer paper if that's what you use on the 3 background panels which I did. I used some of my new papers from PaptertreyInk called Every Day Blessings. The cardstock is their new Aqua Mist color as is the ink I used for the stars over the sentiment. This wonderful verse stamp is from Verses Rubber Stamps.

I'm a little tired tonight so I was glad this was an easy sketch and it went together pretty quickly after I decided what stamp I wanted to use.

Last night I was so excited because it was finally warm - but I had to eat my words today - I wore my spring coat today and almost froze to death - it was in the 40's and wind gusts up to 50 mph!

Thanks so much for stopping by tonight - I'm off to cook supper for me and my guy!

Stamps: Verses Rubber Stamps, Stars - Papertrey Ink It's a Celebration
Paper: White, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink, DP - Papertrey Everyday Blessings
Ink: Pitch Black Adirondack, Aqua Mist PTI
Accessories: Dimensionals, Ribbon PTI

7 comments:

LeAnne said...

Great card! Love that sentiment & it goes so well with the little stars image!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

What a beuatiful combination of elements ... love that sentiment.

Linsey R said...

Oooh, I love these lovely colors and your ribbon treatment is beautiful! What an awesome inspirational sentiment, love it! I am so late tonight and haven't even completed Rox's sketch yet-bananas! I'm motivated by your fab creation here, good thing I visited today--like I don't every day already :) If you are inclined, you can pick up the award I presented to you over at my blog--my apology if you've already been tagged with this one, but I didn't see it on your blog recently. If so, I'm not surprised because I'm certainly not the only one who is inspired by you and thankful for your contributions to the stamping and blogging world! hugs~

dpkennedy said...

Morning Julia!
Beautiful card! Did you know you were mentioned on the Favorites Week thread? Here it is just in case you haven't seen it! Have a great day!
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336650

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! The ribbon is so pretty and the papers are too!

Deb Wood said...

Such a beautiful card and a wonderful quote!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved this card already when I saw it yesterday...it's simply gorgeous!!!