Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's A Celebration - I got Honorable Mention for Papertrey Contest

This is a card I had submitted to the PapertreyInk April Guest Star Designer contest. I used their It's a Celebration stamp set and all Papertrey papers on this card. I didn't win but I did make Honorable Mention! See it on Nicole's Blog !

I love these flags that include the rope they are strung on. I cut out and popped up every other flag along the line. I cut the stars with my nestabilities using white and Berry Sorbet card stock. I love the deep color of this paper. The designer papers are from the Pink Patterns collection.
You really need to try the Papertrey cardstock if you haven't already - it is a nice heavy weight so the cards stand right up and don't curl or bend.
Thanks for checking out my card today - I'd love to hear what you think of it!
Stamps: It's a Celebration: Papertrey
Paper: Berry Sorbet, White, Pink Patterns - all Papertrey Ink
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, Pitch Black Adirondack
Accessories: nestability stars, dimensionals

13 comments:

Bunny B said...

I love Berry Sorbet - such a sweet color. Lovely card!

Deb Wood said...

It's beautiful, I love the color!!!

Anonymous said...

Charlene (LilLuvsStampin)

Well, I can't believe this card didn't win either!!! I love your creativity with the flags on the side, and the Berry Sorbet is just beautiful! Guess I need to check out their cardstock that everyone is raving about. TFS your beautiful creations!

dpkennedy said...

Your card is gorgeous! I just saw it on Nicholes blog. Love the way you postioned the banner! Great job!

Regan said...

Congrats on you Honerable mention!!!

Anonymous said...

It's a gorgeous card!!

LeAnne said...

Well, I think you should have won!
It's adorable! I don't know how they can pick a winner anyway, everybody does such cute things!!
LeAnne

Niki Estes said...

Congrats on the honorable mention! Cute card!

Penny said...

congratulations!! I love this card especially the star, it's wonderful!

~amy~ said...

Woo hoo! Your card is fabulous...congrats on the Honorable Mention!!

SmilynStef said...

Woohoo .. way to go ... fabulous!

Renee said...

Very pretty card! I love the colors!

Granna said...

Congratulations! Your card is terrific. Love the angle of line of flags. Every detail is so distinct. Really cute.