Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Class and Pressed Petals Sneak Peek

Happy Sunday everyone! I had the best morning attending a workshop on acetate cards run by Lauren Meader at The Papertree stamp shop in Manchester, NH. We made 5 beautiful cards all incorporating acetate in some form. I'm going to load the cards later when I get a chance to photograph them. Here's a shout out to Kathy C, Maddy and Connie who were among those who took the class with me today - I met all three at the last class I took with Lauren at this same shop. Hey Ladies! hope to see you again at another class!


And some news!!! For any of you that live near Manchester, NH - I'm excited to announce that I will be teaching a class there on making the fun LL Bean-like summer totes on July 27th. So give Michelle a call to reserve a spot and check out her web site under classes - she should have the July listing up soon. I would love to meet you there!

Now!! Here is a sneak peak at at two of the lovely flower stamps from Kristin's Pressed Petals set from Artful INKables. One of the stamps is the outline of the flowering branch and the other is the colored flower centers. So it's a two step stamping set. And it was super easy to match the stampings up. I stamped the outline in black first. Then I inked the petal stamp with Lavender Moon by PapertreyInk then rock and rolled it onto Plum Pudding which is a little darker so the petals have a two tone look. Then I added stickles so I sort of lost the two tone look! oh well!!!
This pretty frame/card is made using 2 thin 4x4 coasters. The top one is cut with my Cuttlebug and square Nestabilities. Don't use anything but THIN coasters as the Nestabilities won't cut through anything thicker. Amy Rysavy has a wonderful tutorial on how to make these here. Here is a close up of the flower sprig with the stickles. I made the splatter background using a reinker and a toothbrush. (if you use this method - be sure you do it on some newspapers and off your work table!) I outlined the stem with a green marker.


And here is a close up of the eisel stand that holds the frame up. You could also attach a magnet so this could be hung on a fridge or cabinet.


Thanks for stopping by today - I hope you like this peak of another of Kristin's new stamp sets - check out the other DT members to see which stamps they are using on their projects - just click on their names in the column to the right! The new sets will be available on Tuesday July 1st!


Paper: Vintage Cream & Lavender Moon - PapertreyInk, DP: 29th Market St. Polka Spots and Pretty Petal. 2 thin coasters.

Ink: Lavender Moon, Plum Pudding - PapertreyInk, Onyx Black Versafine

Stamps: Artful Inkables - Pressed Petals

Supplies: Lavender Moon Twill - PTI, corner punch, strawberry ice stickles, Prismacolor marker - Green tea, petite rectangle nestabilities, square nestabilities, cuttlebug, re-inker, toothbrush.

4 comments:

Beth Thomas said...

You are totally rocking all these stamps, Girl! And look at all you've gotten completed! Vacation looks good on you!!! Love the little altered notebook! It's my goal to complete 1 3-D project today. Lauren Meader, I am green with envy! I'm such a fan of hers in so many different ways! I'm actually started chuckling when I saw the technique for your class. I'm doing a little blog surfing while I let some ink dry on acetate. Sometimes they turn out for me and sometimes not, so we'll see... Take care!

Deb Neerman said...

Awesome card!!

And I love the new blog banner too! You rock, Kiddo!

~Hugs, Deb

Renee said...

OH how pretty! I love it!

pammyrn said...

So very pretty.

Hugs Pam