Monday, June 9, 2008

The Magic of Tilda

I was the host for this weeks Double Dare Challenge that I do with a small group of friends at Split Coast. For my challenge - I sent everyone this stamped image of Tilda by Magnolia Stamps as well as a piece of designer paper - some got this one from Stampin Up and some got a piece from PapertreyInk.

You could add anything else you wanted - you just had to use the image and the designer paper.

I cuttlebugged the card with the Polka Dot folder but you can only see one line of dots at top and bottom! I used the Gamsol method of coloring with watercolor pencils and you can see a Splitcoast tutorial for that here.

I just love these sweet Tilda's - they have her in many outfits, sometimes sitting, sometimes holding flowers or sweeping. Magnolia is a company in Sweden and you can see the European influence in their designs. There is a boy named Edwin and other characters as well. They also have flowers, benches, chairs, walls and I just saw a whole new summer line listed on their site today.

But back to my card...... I used my Petite Oval Nestabilities to frame Tilda and mounted the ovals with foam dimensionals. I added the pretty ribbon from PapertreyInk underneath the oval and tied a small piece in a knot around the flat piece. The sentiment is from PapertreyInk Favor It Baby set and I just stamped it in Onyx Black and punched it with my SU oval punch and mounted it with foam dimensionals.


You can see the other's Tilda cards here. They'll be loading them all week. There should be 9 of them when everyone is done.

Thank you so much for coming by today!

Stamps: Tilda: Magnolia Stamps, Sentiment: PapertreyInk Favor It Baby
Paper: Groovy Guava, Apricot Appeal, Very Vanilla, DP - Designer Series - all SU
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine
Accessories: Petite Oval nestabilities, oval punch, Gamsol, paper stump, Prismacolor watercolor pencils, ribbon: Summer Sunrise Swiss Dot Satin; PTI, cuttlbug, Polka dot folder, foam dimensionals.

6 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Awwww, what a sweet Tilda image...she's so sweet, and your coloring is awesome. Love all the papers too. :)

Lim said...

Beautiful! I love it.
Hugs,
Lim

Bunny B said...

What a pretty card!!! I love it :)

LeAnne said...

Very sweet card!
LeAnne

Me, My Stamps and I said...

super adorable card !!!!!!!!!!love your colors !!!!!tfs:)
chat

Renee said...

So so sweet! She's beautiful!