Thursday, June 5, 2008

Wired Up on the Farm

Old MacDonald had a farm - and on this farm he had some.................

SHEEP!!!

The Double Dog Dare Challenge that I do with some SCS friends was hosted this week by Anne (jdmommy) and her challenge was to make a card with some animal that Old MacDonald would have on his farm. So here are my sheep having a good time jumping over the bale of hay that is bound with black wire. I used the Cuttlebug folder Distressed Stripes on the punched photo corners. The bale of hay is cut out and layered on with foam dimensionals. Everything is colored with my Prismacolor markers. You can see the other animal challenge cards here.

The wire was used for todays Ways to Use it Challenge - Get Wired - to use some kind of wire on your card. Here is a close up of the wire - I curled the ends and attached it to the bale with glue.

This was a fun card to make today. It started out with a fence and a rooster but it wasn't working out! - sometimes creativity takes different turns KWIM???!!! Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!

Stamps: Sheep: $1 stamp, grass: Sutter Enterprises, hay bale: Inky Antics
Paper: Certainly Celery, creamy caramel, sage shadow, river rock: SU, White PTI
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine, So Saffron: SU
Accessories: sponge, clay phrases by Lil Davis Designs, photo corner punch, Cuttlebug distressed stripes folder, black wire, Prismacolor markers: wheat, light cerulean blue, sriftwood, black, green tea, oatmeal, cinnamon toast, SU Marker: blush blossom

5 comments:

Bunny B said...

Lovely card!!! Super adorable!

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, this is cute! I HATE working with wire, it drives me crazy! I have some sitting right next to me and I still wouldn't use it. But this is so cute, you are so clever the way you think "outside the box"!!!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

Too Cute! Loved the jumping sheep and the use of wire. Very clever of you. Thanks for sharing.

Deb Wood said...

This made me chuckle, it's too cute!! Love it!!!Great title~~

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my word, look at all that detail with the grass and scene...those sheep are SOOOOOO stinkin' cute too. Love 'em and LOVE your card! Always fun to hop over here and see what you've created. :)