Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sunrise - Sunset

I made this card for the sketch challenge at Split Coast using a tutorial from Michele Zindorf for my main panel - Michelle is a wonderful card artist who always sponges and brayers color onto her beautiful scenes - and she does a tutorial every day on her blog so that you too can make a card like hers! ...... and my card is proof of that!

Here is the sketch we had to use for the challenge.

I sponged all the colors rather than using the brayer as I cannot seem to get even coloring when I use the brayer - I think sponging gives pretty much the same effect. I pierced and sponged the edges. I tucked the sentiment circle under the top left corner rather than popping it up as I usually do - it seemed to look better that way on this card.

The flowers are from a new stamp set called Pressed Petals just released by Artful INKables as part of the new July release.

Kristin is offering 10% off during July so be sure to go over there and check it out! Might as well get it for less now right??!!

I'll leave you with this lovely picture of the sun setting over Merry Meeting Lake in New Durham, NH where I am presently on vacation at our cozy cottage in the woods across the road from this beautiful lake.
Thank so much for dropping by today - I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to check out my cards!

Stamps: Artful INKables - Pressed Petals & Basic Salutations
Paper: Really Rust, Blue Bayou, Bashful blue, basic black: SU, white: PTI
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine, Really rust, soft skyk apricot appeal, more mustard: SU
Accessories: sponges, paper piercer, grid and pad, Summer Sunrise Twill: PTI, round circle mask , nestability circle, cuttlebug

8 comments:

Jenn Muraoka said...

Such a beautiful job. I love the coloring. It's so peaceful. It makes me want to lay out on the beach and push sand between my toes! Mahalo for sharing, Jenn

Terri said...

Nice job.I am a big fan of Michelle's work as well. I have the same problem with the brayer and have much better luck with the sponges too.

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous sponging, Julia! Wow! What vibrant color!

Beth Thomas said...

What a beautiful take on the sketch challenge! Your sponging looks so soft with those wonderful colors- I love it! Thanks for sharing that awesome photograph! Wishing you a fun and safe 4th!

Deb Wood said...

Very beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

I've been trying out Zindorf's tutorial's myself! I love that photo; I think I've been there!!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Kathy

Deb Neerman said...

Love this card, Julia!

Like you, I can't seem to get a brayer to work for me ... at least not the way Michelle can!!
She must have some super-secret technique she's not sharing with us, LOLOL ... I kid!

Your sponging looks terrific, though ... who needs a brayer?!?

And if you ever figger the brayer technique out, will you let me in on the secret, too?!?

~Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job. I love Michelle's work too.