Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Summer in the Fall

This is an ATC (Artist Trading Card) for my August challenge with MissHelenStamps over on Split Coast (a little late huh?!) where Helen's challenge was to make an ATC with a beach theme. Somehow August came and went and I never made this!!It is also for the weekly Double Dare Challenge I do with some SCS friends - Michelle's (SF9erfan) challenge was to use an unloved item - something you haven't used for a long time - in this case it is my Close to My Heart stamp set - On the Beach - which I love but have only used once or twice since I got it years ago!

This is 2.5 x 3.5 size - the beach part is a stamp - stamped several times across the card - the sky part I sponged using my home made cloud template and Soft Sky ink. I stamped and cut out the sun and sandcastle - and fashioned the flag out of a red scrap and a toothpick!

I also used my word punch - another thing I've had for a long time and haven't used much. I love how the sentiment fit right inside it!

You can check out the other Double Dare Challenge cards here.

I really appreciate your stopping by my blog today! Leave a comment so I can come by and say hi to you!

Oh! and if you'd like a chance at some great Halloween Blog Candy - check out my friend Danielle's blog here.

Stamps: On the Beach - CTMH, Warmest Wishes: So Many Sayings - SU
Paper: ATC card, Naturals Ivory, Real Red, So Saffron: SU
Ink: Soft Sky, Sahara Sand, River Rock, Apricot Appeal
Accessories: hand made cloud template, sponge, dimensionals, toothpick, word punch

9 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

This is an adorable card, Julia...love all the beachy stamps and the little scene you created!!! Fall is here already and I didn't get to the beach all summer....maybe next year!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Awesome Julia! I had to see summer end and this little beach scene is perfect.

Catherine said...

cute!

Lauri said...

ATC! I have a stack of blank ones! With all good intentions of making some.....I have to now, this is so cute!

LeAnne said...

Oh so cute! To me, beachy things are just like ice cream....you can enjoy them any time of the year!
LeAnne

Bev J. said...

Neat card and great clouds! I love the sets with shells, etc.

Bev J.

Anonymous said...

Sweet ATC, Julia! Love the beach scene!
smiles,Deena

dpkennedy said...

Wait, is summer over? Did I even go to the beach? Time flies...

I love this card! The soft clouds are so pretty and I love the bold images popped up!

Shirley said...

Julia, We need some Summer in the Fall. I love your card. You have really just created the look of so many textures. Its wonderful