Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Friend to Friend

I love this sentiment - if you stop and think about it - it's just a nice simple wonderful statement to send someone on a card.

I made this for today's color challenge on Split Coast as well as this weeks Our Creative Corner sketch challenge that you can check out here. There are prizes to be won there this week but you have to load your card by Friday so be sure to check it out!The colors to use for the color challenge were Garden Green, Baja Breeze and Pacific Point or a reasonable facsimile there of!! I used a green Bazzill card stock not having any Garden Green but I did have a Stampin Up Garden Green marker so I inked up the stamps with the marker. I used Just My Type narrow cuttlebug folders for the side panels (first time using them after purchasing them almost a year ago! another 'Yay' for the New Year's Resolution!) and the Leafy Branch folder for the middle panel. I thought I was going to have trouble with this color combination but I really like it!

I've gotta go - I'm trying to get to bed early tonight (before 11 at least!)

Thanks so much for coming by today!

Stamps: Stampin Up: Pocket Silhouettes
Paper: white: PTI, Pacific Point, baja Breeze: SU, Green Bazzill
Ink: none
Accessories: Garden Green Stampin Up Marker, cuttlebug, Leafy Branch folder, Just My Type Folder, word punch & scalloped circle punch: SU, circle punch, foam dimensionals

14 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so pretty, thanks so much for playing.

Lynda Benden said...

Wow Julia, this is SO pretty! I really like those colors together and your embossing is perfect!

Julie said...

Way pretty, Julia!! Love what you did with the sketch. I was thinking about trying it out but just couldn't come up with anything too creative. I love how you put the sentiment in between the two circles...very cute and clever!! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Julia - this is sooo beautiful!!! The colors look wonderful!!! Thank you so much for playing th OCCC!!!

Hugs ~S~

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo pretty, Julia!!! I am not a fan of Pacific Point but you really made it look good on this beauty!!! Love the stamps you used and the great sketch!!!

Anne Harada said...

Oooh, love all the texture and the sketch you used! This is awesome!

Left you something purdy on my blog!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Gorgeous card Julia! LOVE the different embossing on the panels and the beautiful colors & detail.

Hope your having a fun week and enjoying the NEW Bittersweet dp!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love this sentiment too, GF! What a lovely card! I thought this color challenge was particularly hard, but you aced it!!

LeAnne said...

Julia, I have to tell you----I think this is one of the most BEAUTIFUL cards you have ever made! I just LOVE it! I am definitely playing with this color combo today--I may even case this as a sample for my upcoming club girls!!! LOVE IT!!!
LeAnne
(sorry for the gushing!)

Bev J. said...

Pretty card, and yes that is a good sentiment to use. tfs

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful card, Julia!

Denise Marzec said...

Hey Julia!

This is pretty. Very bold and bright. Love all the embossing. :)

Jean McKenzie said...

Julia, I just love this card - funny as I never liked blues and greens together which is silly as the sky and grass in nature look so beautiful!
I must try to find those cuttlebug embossing folders you used - just gorgeous!!

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty! I love the blue combination and this sketch is a real winner! Love it!