Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Simple, Humble and a Winner!

There's a brand new weekly challenge starting over on Split Coast - a CAS challenge - Clean and Simple cards. The idea is to make a card with no layers and few adornments. And you are given an inspiration. This week we were directed to JoAnn's web site showing flannel materials. I chose this black and white 'dartboard' material for my inspiration.

and here is the clean and simple card I created.

First I stamped the sentiment from Papertrey Ink along the bottom of the card. Then I cut 3 squares of Papertrey Black and White Basics designer paper and attached them above the sentiment. And finally, I knotted a gingham ribbon over the squares and was done! Clean and Simple!

Stamps: Around About Sentiments: PTI
Paper: White, DP - Black and White Basics: PTI,
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine
Accessories: true black party plaid: PTI

My second card was made for the Split Coast Sketch challenge - I used the Sweetly Stamped set by H&M Stamps and some fruity/vege DP by Basic Grey. I used some stickles on the 'crust' to give that 'sugared' look to the pie!
Stamps: Sweetly Stamped: H&M Stamps
Paper: white, ripe avocado: PTI, DP: SU and Basic Grey Offbeat
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado: PTI
Accessories: pure poppy twill: PTI, green dew drops, oval punch: SU, foam dimensionals, Forest branches cuttlebug folder, glue dots, gold ice stickles, sponge, prismacolor markers, red gem: amuse


And now here is the winner of my Blogaversary Candy:

Random.org gave me number 37:
Kelly Jo said...
Happy blogaversary!I had to chuckle when you referenced the # of posts you made and said you need to get a life. I often think that of myself too :) Great prize!
so Congratulations Kelly Jo! - send your mail address to me at julia.aston@comcast.net and I'll get all the fun 'candy' out to you right away!
Thanks everyone for stopping by tonight!

14 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

Wow! These are both great! You are so good at the CAS look...very lovely! I adore the pie card too...love that sentiment! Awesome work on both challenges!:)

Melissa Sauls said...

Very nicely done on the CAS challenge and I LOVE THAT CAKE!! Mmmm, it looks so yummy!

~amy~ said...

SWEET cards...perfect-o for the CAS challenge..love what you've done with the SCS SC!

Michele Kovack said...

Both cards ROCK!!! I absolutely love the second card......could be my love for food though......:)

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

I love both of these. Love the simple design on the first.

Unknown said...

These are great and congrats to the winner!

Anonymous said...

What a great sketch and yummy creation!! I love it! TFS!!

LeAnne said...

Well, I LOVE CAS, so I will have to go check out that challenge--that is right up my alley! Congrats to Kelly Jo and what a great card--love it!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love your cas card Julia, and your humble pie card is beautiful too!!

Anne Harada said...

I love the new CAS challenge!! Isn't it fun, and I love your B&W choice!! And your pie card is yummy! I love those little apples there on the side, just screaming eat me!! What great stamps you get to play with GF!!

dpkennedy said...

Your cards are very pretty! I am not good at simple cards...always feel like I am missing something,lol! The humble pie is so cute!

Congrats to Kelly-awesome prize!

Carolina said...

Congrats to Kelly Jo!

Love the pie card - the texture you got on the crust is just amazing!!! Your CAS card is just perfect - I almost went with this one, but love what you did with it!

Renee said...

Very cute cards Julia!

Deb Neerman said...

Two beautiful projects!!

Love that 'sugar' on your pie ... now I want pie ... shoot.

~Hugs!