Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Sketch with Colors

Finally got some time to stamp so I made a card using both the sketch challenge and the color challenge (thanks for hosting this week Jodi!) over at Split Coast. I did a little piercing on my sentiment in honor of Jodi (she always does lots of piercing on her cards!)


I used this pretty Basic Grey Marrakech designer paper as it had the 3 colors in it (Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss and Pretty in Pink) or reasonable facsimilies there of! The angels and sentiment are from an H&M Stamp set called Angelic Moments. I used ribbon instead of cardstock for the 2nd panel. I had a lot of trouble putting so many layers on a card - I worked and re-worked it with different layers and colors for quite some time! So this card was a sketch growth experience for me!! And I have to say - I like how it finally came out - not that I'd use this sketch again though! LOL!


Thanks for stopping by today!

Stamps: Angelic Moments: H&M Stamps
Paper: baja breeze, pretty in pink, kiwi kiss: SU, DP - Marrakech Chai: Basic Grey
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Baja Breeze
Accessories: sponge, Gold Spica Pen, Copics, key tag punch & Designer label punch: SU, Spring Moss Dotted Swiss Satin ribbon: PTI, Gemstones: Hero Arts, foam dimensionals, piercing tool & mat: SU

8 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a stunning card Julia...I love the extra touch that the piercing adds...

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Piercing too! Wow! I love your colors, Julia! Glad to have you back at the stamping station...missed your creations, GF!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Awesome job on the sketch! Very cute card -- awesome colors and cute image.

Unknown said...

Super Doeper cute. I love that stamps set!

Susan said...

I agree with all the above comments, Julia! The BG paper is gorgeuos...reminds me of peacock feathers and the piercing seems to draw the eye right to your sentiment! Well done,

Mothermark said...

This is precious! I love those little stamps! It reminds me of the other angel set. Adorable!

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a beautiful take on the challenge!! I adore your images! The piercing looks so fab too!!

Renee said...

Awww so so pretty! I love the sketch and I love the image....great card :)