Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Birthday GI Josh

The cookout is over and we finally got everything cleaned up and put away. I just had to make a card for the Featured Stamper on Split Coast before I collapsed on the sofa! Sandra (B-gin-er) has a wonderful gallery of cards to look through - I finally chose this GI Jon Card to case.

I changed the colors, used a twill ribbon for the sentiment rather than a panel, used a bigger star and added my son's name to it. I used my new Jenome Sewing machine (which is on sale!) to do the stitching.

My son was in the Army so I always like to make cards for him using military theme stamps. This Riley is just so cute! My son's b'day isn't until September so now I'm ahead of the game - whoo hoo!
Ok - now I'm off to that sofa to collapse!

Stamps: GI Jon Riley: Hanna Stamps, PTI Birthday Basics, Karen Foster Snap Stamps.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, SU Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Really Rust, DP: My Minds Eye 29th St. Market: Star Bright
Accessories: Star Punch Fiskars, Copics, Twill:SU, foam dimensionals, Jenome Sewing Machine, Circle Punch: SU, distresser:Heidi Swapp

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

what a fun card Julia!!! Your son will love it!

Susan said...

love the star paper, the different color combo, yellow and green, great texture and the fun star and JOSH! hope you enjoyed your relaxin' evening! This is delightful, Julia!

Anne Harada said...

Oooh!! I love sewing on cards, and one of these days I'm going to pull my machine out again...!! I love the BD card you made for Josh. You always inspire me. I spend more time over here admiring your work than I do stamping!!! LOL!!

dpkennedy said...

Just adorable! My son's birthday is next month, and thanks to you I am going to make him a Riley card! But I think he took the stamp...it must be on my desk somewhere...

Love it Julia, and so will Josh!

Shirley said...

How fun! I love Riley. He never gets worn out and goes everywhere.

Anonymous said...

OMG!! What a really sweet Riley!! HE's a cutie here!! Adorable coloring!!