Thursday, August 27, 2009

Judge Not!

I made this 6x6 page for Lesson 16 in the His Holy Name challenges that I do every other Sunday over on Split Coast. I'm one lesson behind so I was glad to find some time to create today!

God's attribute for this week was Judge. I found this to be a slightly scary attribute - none of us want to be judged - especially if we think we might be found lacking! But as James tells us in this verse - God is the only one that has the right to judge - and we need to remember that when we try to judge others or put ourselves above others - that's what I learned from my study on this attribute. A hard lesson to put into practice I think!

I used fanciful papers by Cosmo Cricket on my page to try and lighten the feeling of the attribute - but used a black inverted scalloped square Nestability to frame my verse as a pointed reminder that we are, in fact, being judged all the time by God - so we'd better think about what we are doing!
After I got it together I thought it looked like a cross behind there - an unplanned design bonus!

The felt buttons are from Taylored Expressions and the real buttons are PTI.

I'm so glad you came by today!!

Stamps: Karen Foster Snap Stamps
Paper: Vintage cream: PTI, Basic black, close to cocoa: SU, DP Cosmo Cricket - Earth Love
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Computer generated verse, foam dimensionals,glue dots, twine: PTI, vintage buttons: PTI, felt buttons: Taylored Expressions, Labels Two & Classic inverted scalloped squares Nestabilities, chipboard stickers: Basic Grey, modern label punch: SU

10 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful page design

Crystal said...

Wow Julia what a GREAT design!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Love the design, Julia, and love the lesson, too. Thank you for sharing - I'm enjoying your project very much.

Bev J. said...

Wonderful page and lesson. Love the paper and the cute button treatment. tfs

Lisa Foster said...

Beautiful Page Julia! Thanks for sharing the lesson too! Hugs, Lisa

Renee said...

Love it Julia! It's beautiful!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Those are definitely words of wisdom to live by, Julia! Awesome page!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful and so true!! HUGS

Joanne Travis said...

Another beautiful creation, Julia!

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, it does have cross attributes! Gorgeous page!