Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Welcome Ezra Boyd! A Baby Photo Book.

My son's fiance's sister just had her first baby - a bouncing baby boy with the wonderful name of Ezra Boyd. I have not met this sister yet as she lives in Kentucky and we are in New England but wanted to send her a gift when April went down to visit her a week ago. I saw this cute little coaster photo book over a year ago on Pine's (Heather Nichols) blog.
I knew that I might like to make something like it one day - and that day is now here!

I added a piece of notebook lined designer paper (Little Yellow Bicycle/Boy Ledger) cut with the Labels One Nestability above each page so they could write some notes about what Ezra was doing during that month. It also nicely covered the ends of the ribbons that were wrapped around from the front!

The cover will be for a newborn picture and then there is a page for 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, 5 months and 6 months. The pages are 4x4 heavy weight coasters covered with designer papers.

All the stamps are from Papertrey Ink - I used Boxes Bags and Tags for the month circles and the Simple Alphabet for the words. The vintage buttons are also from Papertrey. (I should be working for them huh?!?!?)

The ducky, boat, bunny and elephant are from the Bitty Baby Blessings Set.

The sentiments on the notes are from the Favor It Baby set - the owl is from the Wise Owl Set.

The all star stamp is from the All Star Team set. I don't know who made this nursery paper but all the other papers are PTI - Men of Life, Bitty Box Basics, Bitty Dot Basics and Polka Dot Parade.
I wrote them a note on the back and used my Bind It All to bind it up. Then I tied lots of Papertrey Double Stitched ribbons around the wires. Now all Amber has to do is add her sweet pictures to make this photo book complete!

I appreciate your stopping by my blog today - I hope you enjoyed my baby photo book project!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Boxes, Bags & Tags, Bitty Blessings, Wise Owl, All Star Team, Favor It Baby, Simple Alphabet.
Paper: 4x4 coasters, PTI: Kraft, Lemon Tart, Spring Rain, Men of Life, Bitty Box Basics, Bitty Dot Basics, Polka Dot Parade, SU: Creamy Caramel, unknown Nursery rhyme paper, Little Yellow Bicycle/Boy Ledger.
Ink: PTI: Fresh Snow, Enchanted Evening, Memento Tuxedo Black.
Accessories: Zutter corner rounder, circle punch, PTI Ribbons, copics: B21, R32, E33, YR04, R29, glue dots, Labels One Nestability, Bind it All

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh Julia, this is absolutely fantabulous!!! Such a spectacular gift that will be great appreciated!!

Anonymous said...

How sweet Julia!! What a fabulous baby book!! I love it!! HUGS

Unknown said...

Julia this is a wonderful little gift! It's perfect.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a charming little book Julia!! This will be treasured for sure!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a fabulous gift you have made for Ezra's family!! So darling, so much thought and effort! They will be amazed!! I love the papers and ribbons, and all the fun baby stamps!!

Crystal said...

awww Julia how creative and fun...Love your baby book!

Velta said...

OMG...I have so been looking for something like this for a calendar...Your inspiration is amazing Julia!!! TFS!!

Donna Baker said...

this is so precious & very thoughtful of you to make for her! I bet she will cherish it so much. TFS!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Julia,
So like you to make such a sweet gift! I love this little "album"! It's just precious!

Francie G. said...

This is fabulous, Julia! What a thoughtful and crative gift! Thanks for sharing!

Joan Ervin said...

This is soooo cute, Julia!!!! What a darling little baby album...I know Ezra's Mom will love it!!! Love his wonderful name, too!!!!

SmilynStef said...

Absolutely adorable ... and what a fabulous, personalized gift.

Donna Marie said...

Beautiful!!!
I need one of these, thanks for the inspiration!!!

Judy Rozema said...

How adorable!!

I just got a BIA - it's still in the box! I am overwhelmed with how to do it!

Lauri said...

This is a wonderful project and a wonderful gift!! I am sure they will love it! Thanks for the inspiration!