Monday, November 22, 2010

A Jar of Sweets

First - I'd like to thank you all for your kind get well wishes, thoughts and prayers - I can see a little improvement each day but still have to remember to stop and lie down for a while!


Joan Ervin had a fun 300th New Technique Challenge over on Split Coast today - We had to check tha master Technique list and use at least 2 techniques from the past. I fit four into my card today:

#39, paper piecing - cut 2nd jar top in silver and layered it over first die cut
#23, inspired by something in your home - gingerbread cookies that I made last week
#22 Dry embossing - my jar and top are dry embossed Shapeabilities
#28, Masking - I masked my gingerbread man to stamp the candies

This also qualifies for the Split Coast CAS challenge today - sponging - I sponged the jar as well as the edges of my card - and although this is a little more than a usual 'clean and simple' design there IS still a lot of open space on it - and it did work up really quickly!

This card will be going to my new grandnephew, Landon, who will be 3 months old at Christmas - he's definately my 'sweet boy' this year!!

My stamps are from Waltzingmouse

Ok - now I have to go and do that lying down thing!!!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Oven Fresh & Half Baked
Paper: Rustic cream - PTI, Silver - unknown
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress - Barn Door, Bundled Sage, Antique Linen, Adirondack - Meadow & Butterscotch
Accessories: Spellbinders Assorted Fresh Fruit, Bakers Twine - Martha Stewart, Foam Dimensionals, blending tool & nonstick craft mat - Ranger

11 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

That is so pretty. Love your gingerbread boy..too cute.
Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better.

Crystal said...

So much fun, I LOVE that jar Julia!!!! Great card, I am so glad to hear you are feeling better!

Karen Barber said...

How sweet is your little gingerbread card??? YES, I am still a paper doll!! One precious month left with my grand daughters living here and then they are off to island in the Indian Ocean for 3 years and I will not see them....so bear with me, I will be better at commenting after they leave.......

LeAnne said...

Gosh, Julia...some blog friend I am, I haven't read your posts for a while and I hope your surgery went well!! This is one sweet card---for a sweet boy indeed!

Wanda Cullen said...

Somehow I missed your comment about your surgery last Wednesday...so sorry I didn't send you hugs and well wishes before now! Your CAS jar card is so adorable!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is adorable! You are amazing to be able to stamp so soon after surgery! Sending get well wish and know you will feel stronger every day.Take care and rest and let everyone pamper you!

Julia, your card is super adorable. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julia.

Hugs Riet.x

Karen Motz said...

This is totally sweet Julia! I love the twine you tied around the top of the jar.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Deborah Frings said...

Julia - what a sweet card. I do like the Gingerbread kids!!

So glad that you're feeling better - do make sure you take plenty of time to rest.

Pauline said...

Cute as anything! Love the different techniques all combined.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Julia,
I love this card with the darling little gingerbread boy!

I have just decided what my new year's resolution needs to be - I will read blogs more carefully!!! Somehow I missed that you are recovering! I will add my prayers to the pile today forward! Take care and get well soon!

Hugs!