Friday, November 5, 2010

Waltzingmouse November Sneak Peek Day #2 - Snowflakes

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments left on my 1st WMS sneak peek yesterday! And I welcome you to Sneak Peek Day #2! Just 2 more sleeps until the release on Sunday!!
For my sneak peek today - I'm using Around Christmastime.
I stamped just half of the round snowflake stamp off the edge of my card and stamped the large and small 'branches' around it. I went over all the lines with my glue pen and added glitter for some pretty 'snowy' sparkle. It shows up much better IRL! Then I stamped the sentiment in the top corner.

My treat bag is made from a 6"x9" Catalog Envelope from Staples! Ellen Hutson has a great tutorial for making this on her blog here.
The plaid stamp is from PicNic Patterns - the snowflake, sentiments and circle seal are from Around Christmastime. And I baked the yummy sugar cookie snowflakes to put inside this fun gift bag! (well, yes - I did have to taste test one, or two...)
I placed the eyelets for the ribbon handle off center on the front and back, rather than on the sides. I received a gift in a commercial gift bag last Christmas and it had the ribbon front and back and I thought it looked cool - and I placed mine off center to continue the line of the
placement of the image.Now off you go to see the inspiration from the rest of the DT! See you tomorrow for Day #3?!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Around Christmas Time (to be released 11/7/10)

Paper: White, Blueberry Sky - PTI, 6x9 white catalog envelope - Staples

Ink: Ranger Distress - Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Weathered Wood, Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories: Quicky Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds - SU, ribbon - PTI, jumbo eyelets - SU, foam dimensionals, Martha Stewart snowflake edge punch.

31 comments:

Susan said...

perfect size for those unexpected gifts. I love the crispness of the blue and white. Nice Julia!

Helen L said...

Really love the bag and tag. What a great idea to use the branches to extend the snowflake!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Love your colour choice for this project Julia.......now need to find a cookie cutter that shape.....how cool is that!

Deborah Frings said...

The snowflake card is magnificent!! As is the gift bag. Great ideas.

irene said...

Love this round tag. It's great. Bye Irene

Unknown said...

WOW! Julia! this is terrific! love the huge snowflake and the offset ribbon handle!! fabby! hugs!

Anonymous said...

Julia I love the gift bag idea and since blue is my favorite color this is delightful!

Dawn Easton said...

So pretty, Julia! Love your treat bag too! I think I may have some of those Staples envelopes in my stash...hooray!

Kelly S. said...

Oh this is a fantastic set, Julia! Love the blues, and the way you stamped the bag! Of course, your tag says that NICE ;)!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Outstanding Julia. I just love your gift set. That snowflake is brilliant and all done in such lovely colors. Spectacular use of this set.

anya said...

Fantastic, Julia! What a great idea to use the 'branches' to create a snowflake - super idea! I love the little set you've made!

B said...

Oh so cool! Love the use of the branches to make snowflakes! So cool!

Carol said...

So pretty! Love the plaid on your bag and how you only stamped part of the snowflake on you card!

Monique said...

Hi Julie another great day of peeks..I love the stamped bag and then the big snowflake... TFS!!

Paula (PEP) said...

This is just stunning - I love snowflakes - & the Celtic element of this too is just up my street.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Holmes said...

Sweet projects (no pun intended), Julia! Love your snowflake and the colors you used are terrific.

Anonymous said...

Really pretty snowflake image!! You've created some really gorgeous projects here Julia!! TFS! HUGS

Betsy Reynolds said...

Wow, what a neat looking snowflake! Very creative! I love the colors too! Great job with the sneak peek!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Gorgeous! I love your snowflake projects, so nice and light in color and design, very very pretty!
Hugs, Wendy

Melodie said...

Oh, Julia!! WOW!! I just love your matching card and bag ... they're fabulous. Such gorgeous colours and detail, and so beautifully co-ordinated. Love the design, layout and sparkles on the card ... and love the plaid you've created with the older stamp set on the pretty, pretty bag. And you baked!!! Wonder Woman ... Wonderful Work!!

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty snowflake! Nice blue and white color combo for a winter project.
DeniseB

Alice said...

so pretty. fabulous projects, Julia!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oooo, Julia - these are just beautiful!!! I'm drooling over these sneak peaks - can't wait for the reveal!!! Hugs.

Joan B said...

absolutely fab!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh dear Julia! What a gorgeous gift bag & card! The snowflake cookies look scrumptious too :)

Mary Marsh said...

2 great projects julia-I love how you recycle stuff and turn it into a fab altered project-your cookies looked yummy-you can send some to pittsbugh if yo udont want to eat them all (lol)

Mary B said...

Love your bag! It looks so warm and cozy for a gift on a cold winter's day!

Peggy said...

Love your bag and card. The plaid paper is perfect! Love how you used the snowflake on both!

Bev J. said...

What a neat project you created-love the blue plaid!

Ren-Yi said...

oh these are just delightful, Julia. the cookies and the card and the bag - what a nice unified gift. love the bit of glitter too - matches the sprinkles ;)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Wow, I love these!!!