Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Stickles and Kissing!

We had two fun challenges over at Split Coast last week - My first card was for Joan's Try a New Teachnique challenge - to 'paint' your image using Stickles!

I have quite a few bottles of stickles but not a great array of colors! I only had a Christmas Tree Green that had red mixed in it - so I used Blueberry Ice on the trees instead. I used Arctic Ice and Diamond on the cloud, yellow and orange peel on the sun and Frayed Burlap on the ground.

I stamped the image on a separate panel and sponged the edges. I embossed a frame on the card with my rectangle nestie and adhered the image with foam tape inside the frame - taking Joan's advice to put it all together BEFORE putting on the stickles!

I love how pretty my little forest sunrise came out. The sparkle is unbelievable! Joan did a little tutorial on her blog if you'd like to check it out.

Stamps: Rubbernecker - Trees Serene Sunrise #42-06 KK
Paper: WHite - PTI
Ink: Ranger Distress - Antique Linen, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Rectangle Nestability, foam tape, Stickles: Yellow, Diamond, Orange Peel, Arctic Ice, Frayed Burlap, Blueberry Ice


I've used the kissing technique a few times and I love how it adds dimension to a silhouette stamp! 'Kissing was the SCS Clean and Simple Challenge .

I tried several different stamps before settling on my bed of roses background stamp and the model T silhouette - it came out kind of funky - but I like it!

This could be an old abandoned car found in the woods with foliage growing all over it!

I inked the car with Antique Linen and the roses background stamp with Forest Moss - 'kissed' the stamps together and stamped the car on a panel. I sponged the edges, stamped a little of the background roses on the card and then adhered the image panel.

In keeping with 'clean and simple' - I just stamped the sentiment right on the card! All my stamps for both cards are from Rubbernecker.

Stamps: Rubbernecker: Life is a journey from Distressed Set/scuffs, scraps and stains #461, Vintage Model T #502-02, backgrounds/bed of roses #476
Paper: White - PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress - Antique Linen, Old Paper, Forest Moss
Accessories: blending tool & nonstick craft mat - Ranger

9 comments:

Pauline said...

Love the stickle painting! What a lovely effect the stamp kissing gives, I'm going to try that tonight, with my stamps of course!

Deborah Frings said...

The stickle painting is amazing - so much depth to the card. The kissing technique looks like fun! Great cards.

dpkennedy said...

Oh Julia, these are both so pretty! I love the stickles and the white frame embossed base! The kissed truck is just beautiful!

Mary Marsh said...

your painting with the stickles turned out fabulous julia-the kissing technique turned out such a fun card

Crystal said...

WOW Julia your stickles look AWESOME!!! Two fabulous creations sweetie, hope you are having a wonderful week!

Mara Campbell said...

Seriously, that stickled card is amazing!!! So so so much fun, I love that tree. And your kissing card is great, too. Love that truck image!

velta said...

Another inspiration Julia!!! I still have those Rubbernecker Stamps...and just have not had the time to use them...Both cards are your usual beautiful artwork...thank you for sharing :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Julia. Great techniques. The sparkle is amazing! :o)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Both of these cards are terrific! Love the painting with stickles.