Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Christmas in April - with Snow!

It's time again for the Monthly WMS Christmas Card Challenge over in the Waltzingmouse Forum -  this month Lynn's challenge is to use white glitter or flock -  Easter Snow if you will!!  
I used ivory Flower Soft on my cards - and I made 3 -  each with a different background to see how the snowy trees would look.   This is the first one I made -  using Enchanted Evening card stock for the background.  You can click on any picture to see it larger.
 
For my second try -  I used Bitty Star Basics patterned paper in red - thinking this might look rather Christmasy.
For my third try I used the same Bitty Star Basics paper but in light blue.  I used the star paper to be like the night sky -  but if I used the Bitty Dot Basics and that might have looked like snowfall?! which it sort of does here since you can't see the fine detail of the stars.
 
The trees and star (on the first one) are from Teeny Trees and the frame and sentiment are from Frame it. Both of these sets are very versatile and can be used for many different occasions with lots of sentiments in each set - so check them out!

I think I like the first one with the dark blue 'sky' background best.   Which one do you prefer???

I hope the 'snow' doesn't melt over the summer!!! LOL!!!  Now I have 5 more Christmas cards done (I made 3 of the dark blue one while I was at it!)  Whoo hoo!!!

Come on and join the challenge over in the WMS forum!!
 
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Frame It, Teeny Trees
Paper:  White, Enchanted Evening, Text Style 2008 Bitty Star Basics - PTI
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories -  Ivory Flower Soft, High Tack PVA glue - Aleenes

11 comments:

Crystal said...

Julia girl these are FANTASTIC I SOOOO LVOE the flower soft!!! Fabulous creations hun!!!!!!

LaurieJ said...

Choose?? Ooh, I don't know. The first one is very striking and the "snow" really pops. But the light blue one really does look like snow is falling. Love them all! Fantastic job as always, Julia!

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun!! Love the snowy creations here girl!! :)

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jodi Collins said...

These are AWESOME girlie! LOVE the white Flower Soft! GORGEOUS!

velta said...

Oh Julia I love these frames...perfect for any kind of card...my fave is the first one...flower soft is such a great product and I need to bring it out more...TFS :) Oh, Happy Easter to you and yours !

Peggy said...

I love your holiday cards! My favorite is the first one. Reminds me of the many night snows we used to get in Tennessee!

Bev J. said...

Lots to like here. All three are pretty but think maybe the red one strikes me most. I have never used flower soft-neat look. I sure like the frames-does a good job making them look so finished!

Bev Gerard said...

Oh Julia!
You're reminding me of a couple of weeks ago in Michigan!! OMGosh ... the snow on your cards is delightful! (Much more so that the "real stuff", IMO.) ha

Pauline said...

What wonderful xmas cards, love the different colourways.

Cyndie said...

What a great CAS idea! I might CASE it! You can do so many versions just by changing the background paper. Thanks for the inspiration!