Friday, December 9, 2011

The 12 Tags of Christmas - #8

Well, Tim's Tag #8 was the hardest one yet for me - all kinds of nuts and bolts and images that I didn't have - it made me realize I can do grunge a little bit but I'm not hard core!!?! There was WAY too much 'stuff' on his tag - I just couldn't put that much on mine....and I had to soften it up a little by using green sparkly letters and numbers instead of black!
So here's my version:
I didn't have any of the dies or metal that Tim used -  so I improvised - using half of a Floral Doily Motif Spellbinders die, a piece of chipboard and a watch stamp for my circle layers.    I didn't have the 3 dapper guys so used a vintage biker from Rubbernecker.  I did have a metal steering wheel charm and a crown charm so I stuck those on!

And I actually like this now that it's done - growth is always painful I guess - even when it's artistic growth!!

Stamps:  Rubbernecker - bicycle man from Paris set #527,  Believe from Fall Trilogy Set #480, Watch from Clowns and Crowns set #528.
Paper:  white - PTI, acetate brick wall -screen prints Hambly, thin coasters
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress - frayed burlap, walnut stain, iced spruce, festive berries, everygreen bough.
Accessories:  sparkly thickers, ticket, crown charm - Mark's Finest Papers, steering wheel charm - Karen Foster, green cord and wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, foam tape, glue dots, ScorTape, floral doilly motif die - Spellbinders..

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

lovely work Julia! Happy Friday!

Vicki Dutcher said...

You are rocking out the 12 days of tags! I have been looking at them all -- commenting... not so much! SBT - You are motivating me to get over there and try it out! :)

elenkakul said...

I am glad to see your comments in my blog. Your tag is charming. Really liked the colours. Very well composition!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous tag Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

minnie_mac said...

Great tag. Love all the elements, and your colour choices.

dpkennedy said...

Ooh Julia, I am loving all of your tags! Fabulous!

Mary Marsh said...

I am loving all the tags you have shown Julia-you are doing an excellent job with this challenge

Susan said...

awesome Julia 'punked' card. It's thinking outside the box with his stuff, wouldn't you say? And I think you've conveyed all the theme's of tag 9. 2 to go!

Kate Yetter said...

Loving all your tags especially this one!