Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bunches of Thanks and Roses

Hi Stampers!    I have two cards to share today -  both from Split Coast Challenges...

My first card was made for the Featured Stamper challenge.  Congratulations to Lana (Lunar Lana) on being chosen the first Featured Stamper for 2012! I had not been in her gallery before and enjoyed checking out all her wonderful creations!


Having a similar bunny stamp - I chose to case her Bunny Ride card.  I used a different bunny, different colors, added a ribbon (to cover an ink smudge!) and made mine a Thank You card.  I loved all the fun colors and patterns on Lana's card - I used strips of patterned paper rather than quilted squares.

And this card was made for the color challenge - Hostess Betty gave us a lovely combination to work with - Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade and Basic Grey - and the dessert option was to use something new.


Well, I've gotten several new things recently and used them here - 3D flowers die from Sizzix, Madera Corner die and small pinwheel posie from Memory Box, and Polka Dots embossing folder from Life Style Crafts!

I used Liquid Pearls on the foliage and added rhinestones to the centers of the flowers.  I didn't stamp a sentiment because I'm not sure what I will use this card for yet -  it will definitely have to be hand delivered!

Bunny Card:
Stamps: Flopsy Flowers - MFT

Paper: vintage cream, terracotta Tile - PTI, DP - Cosmo Cricket/Clementine Mini Deck
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copics: R20, R05, G21, BG10, T2, C1, foam tape, wrinkled seam tape, large scallope die - PTI, Rhinestones - Kaiser



Flower Card:
Stamps: none

Paper: Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Basic Grey, - SU, white PTI
Ink: none
Accessories: small pinwheel posie & Madera Corner - Memory Box, 3 D flowers - Sizzix, rhinestones - Kaiser, Glossy Accents & Liquid Pearls White Opal - Ranger, fern punch - Martha Stewart

9 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow both of these are so fun...Love that bunny and those beautiful roses...

Creations by Shirl said...

Awesome set of cards, both are just adorable... love that fun bunny and flower card is so pretty...I'm your newest follower too!
TFS!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WOW!!! These are AMAZING - the first one so super sweet and the second absolutely GORGEOUS - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those blue flowers!

Mary Marsh said...

2 beauties here Julia-I love your card for the scs cc-great new dies that I want now (lol)!!

Jodi Collins said...

These are GORGEOUS Julia! They are both fabulous but that second card is RIDICULOUSLY stunning!

Joanne (jojot) said...

these are fabulous...love that die you used on the second

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful cards Julia! That bunny is darling and I love the 3D flowers!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow, Julie - I love both cards. Your coloring on your bunny is fantastic, and your flower card - with all of it's dimension should be framed for the wall. Amazing.

Esther Asbury said...

Oh I just got that 3D flowers die for Christmas -- love, love, love it! BTW - your card is so pretty!