Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Simply Black and White

Hi friends!   I have two Black and White cards to share today that I made for challenges over on Split Coast.

My first card combines last week's CAS challenge -to use white on white - and the Technique Lover's Challenge - to use half an image or die cut.
I used half of my brandy-new Weathered Clock die by Tim Holtz on my card - layering it on the white panel with foam tape. I added the clock hands secured with a brad and also popped up on foam tape. And finally one lonely white butterfly.

My sentiment is from Butterflies are Free set by Rubbernecker

Thursday is Kent and my 15th wedding anniversary - we went to a Bed and Breakfast in CT - Old Mystic Inn,  this past weekend to celebrate - but we didn't exchange cards yet - so this will be my card for him with a special message inside!
 And here's my card for this week's CAS inspiration challenge - the inspiration was a pretty black bathing suit with white ruffles along the bodice.
 I went to look in my ribbon box for some ruffled white and came upon this cute little pom pom ribbon. I adhered it to the black cake with ScorTape. I adhered the stamped panel to a black panel embossed with Wicker Weave. Then I simply stamped CELEBRATE in the corner. This could be used for a wedding, anniversary or birthday don't you think?!  The stamps are from Eat Cake by Waltzingmouse.

I also entered these in the Stamp N Plus Challenge -  Black and White.

Time Together:
Stamps: Rubbernecker - Butterflies are Free Set #538  
Paper: white - PTI  
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black  
Accessories: glue dots, foam tape, weathered clock die - Sizzix Tim Holtz, brad - Making Memories, butterfly punch - Martha Stewart 

Celebrate:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Eat Cake  
Paper: white, true black - PTI  
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black  
Accessories: wicker weave embossing folder - Cuttlebug/provocraft, white pom pom ribbon - American Crafts, ScorTape

13 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

I love these both, Julia, but I especially love that Tim Holt die cut and how you nestled your sentiment within it. Perfection!

Annette Allen said...

Happy Anniversary...that B&B looks amazing...

your cards are stunning...

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Crystal said...

WOW both of these are AWESOME designs Julia!!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful cards Julia! So elegant!

Jodi Collins said...

AWESOME cards Julia! Happy Anniversary!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Julia!! I love both with half image on the first and the black and white on the second!! Really pretty cards!!
Hugs,
Chris

Jill Norwood said...

Oh I love both of these! I love the half clock on the first card - it is a neat die cut! And the pom pom trim on the second is so fun and sweet!

Mary Marsh said...

love your black & white cards Julia-the clock image is fab-looks like I just added something else to my wish list (lol)-a big congrats to you & Kent as well

Susan (rainy) said...

The design on the CAS card is absolutely fabulous. LOVE IT!! And the cake card with the pom poms is so cute!

Anne Harada said...

Happy Anniversary Julia!! Love your cards, esp. favoring the TH clock one!! I have that die too and love it. You always inspire me with your creativity!! Hugs GF!!
Anne

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Happy Anniversary! Love both cards.

Diana said...

Love your card designs Julie.