Monday, November 5, 2012

On Mila's Baptism Day!

My beautiful little grand niece, Mila, was Christened a week ago and, of course, Aunt Julia had to make a special card to mark the occasion!
 I found this beautiful digital image through a posting by Daizy-Mae on Split Coast.  It's a digital image from Beccys Place.  Like Daizy -  I printed the image twice, cut out the dress from one and layered it over the first printing.  I colored the image with Copics.  The sentiment is from Special Blessings by Stampin' Up.(I think it's been retired)

Here's what I stamped on the inside of the card using stamps from Bitty Baby Blessings and Everyday Blessings from Papertrey Ink.
Here is Mila (pronounced Mee-la) with her Mum, Dad and Godparents being made Christ's own.



And here she is chillin' out at home celebrating her 2nd month (couldn't you just eat her up!?!)

This is the engraved frame I gave Mila along with her card.


!
 I've given these frames to all the babies in my family so far.  It has all the birth information engraved on it - a wonderful keepsake for them.  I got it at Things Remembered at the Mall.

Thanks for indulging me today!

Stamps: On Your Baptism day from Special Blessings - Stampin' Up, Christening Dress Digital Image - Beccys Place, inside - Babies are bits of stardust from Bitty Baby Blessings, cross from Every Day Blessings - PTI
Paper:  Fabriano Card, Express It white blending card stock, Soft Stone - PTI
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  rhinestones - Kaiser, foam tape, Copics: Y35, YR07, T6, C6, N6, BG10, R00, E35, Oval and scallop edge oval Nestabilities.

15 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Oh my goodness...that is a gorgeous card and frame...and a gorgeous baby!!!

Caroline said...

Gorgeous Julia love the card and the baby is adorable. Caroline xxx

Pauline said...

How gorgeous Julia, what a lovely image on the card, and a cute pic too!

Tami said...

I love this image -- so beautiful and for such a gorgeous baby -- she is PRICELESS as are all Christ's children!

Riet said...

This is so wonderful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is such a precious time. Love the photos and such a great gift for little Mila. (beautiful name)

Ellen Taylor said...

Gorgeous basptsim card Julia! love that sentiment and that adorable baby face! Have a great day!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Julia,
What a pretty card! I love your tradition with the engraved frame . . . My family tradition was (past-tense) to give savings bonds to seed a college fund but that is so much harder to do and doesn't go far. This sweet memory is perfect! I think I'll "steal" your idea! I'd love to imitate that darling card,too - you are so creative!
Hugs!

Mona Pendleton said...

So beautiful Julia! What a special moment! Your card is stunning! So elegant!

Vickie Z said...

Love that image...gorgeous card! She is gorgeous...love the pic you took and put in the frame....she looks like she's checking things out...trying to figure it all out!! You're a wonderful Auntie!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill Norwood said...

Your card is stunning and the pictures just made me smile! I remember my son's christening 8 years ago now...babies are such wonderful miracles and so full of joy! Blessings to you and your family on welcoming your new little one!

Jill

Peggy said...

Such a sweet card for a very special occasion! Your neic is absolutely precious!

Marlena M. said...

Oh my gooshness, what a sweetie pie baby! Beautiful card also~

Mary Marsh said...

Love the fabulous baptism card you created for Mila -the frame is such a great idea will have to remember that for the next one I attend-and such sweet pictures of her