Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Snowman Valentine

Ok - so I've waved goodbye to Christmas, Welcomed in 2013 and am already saying 'hello' to Valentine's Day!

We had a fun Queen for the Day challenge last week over on Split Coast - Trisha posted a list of all the Queens for 2012 with the date they were queen - and we were to CASE a card from the Queen closest to our birthday!  My talented stamping friend Peggy (pegmac71) was queen the day after my birthday last year.

I cased her adorable Top Note Snowman card First, because it is SO totally CUTE - and second because she sent it to me for Christmas!

I needed to change some things - so I made mine a snowman Valentine - using red and pink papers, clear heart gems for the pupils in the eyes and sparkly hearts for the hat and nose!  The sentiment is from a lovely new Valentine set called My Heart from Waltzingmouse.  I embossed the hat with the Square Lattice Emb folder from SU.
 AND I got my chalk out for the light dusting on the cheeks - my tray of chalk hasn't seen the light of day in years! I must remember to use them for coloring images! I also used my Top Note die from Stampin'Up - which I used ALL the time when I finally purchased it (after holding out for quite a while!) but hadn't used lately at all.

I know we don't necessarily think of snow being associated with Valentines -  but Valentine's Day does occur in February when we often have snow on the ground (depending on what part of the world you live in).   Here are a few free vintage images I found on line


So there you go -  snow/winter and Valentine's Day! 

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - My Heart
Paper: white, Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, True Black, Sweet Blush - PTI, glitter paper - Michaels
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: pink chalk, glue pen, Top Note Die - SU, Small oval punch - SU, small heart punch - McGillo, large heart punch - EK Success, 1/4" and 1/8" punches - Fiskars, 1/2" circle punch McGill, square lattice embossing folder - SU, clear heart gems -Michaels

6 comments:

Patti J said...

Julia, this is adorable! Love the darling little heart nose :) Great take on the original snowman! Thanks for sharing :)

Annette Allen said...

aww how totally cute...Happy New Year my friend..

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year friend! :) Oh my what a darling snowman!! Love the punched heart for his nose!! Thanks for sharing!! Have a happy day! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki*
*My Blog - Stamp Smiles
Help me to reach 1000 followers for a special blog candy!

SmilynStef said...

CA-ute ... love it.

Mona Pendleton said...

So darn cuuuute Julia! I love your snowman! All the texture adds such a great touch! Happy New Year!

Mary Marsh said...

I loved your snowman valentine when I saw it on SCS-really a cute idea-and the vintage ones you are showing are so precious-time for me to get started on my valentine cards as well