Tuesday, March 12, 2013

WMS March Christmas Card Challenge

On the 10th of each month -  there is a Christmas Card Challenge posted in the Playroom of the Waltzingmouse Forum that I participate in.

For March - Cassie Jones was our hostess and her challenge was to use Pear Green and Navy Blue -  a very unlikely color combination for Christmas don't you think!   I NEVER in a life time would have picked those colors up -  but I am thrilled with how my cards came out!
I recently downloaded the cut files Claire has for this wonderful set called Festive Foliage (they are free in the WMS shop!) so I thought I'd try using them on my cards.

I used Memento Pear Tart ink on the Mistletoe, the holly and the pine bough - then used Memento Danube Blue for the berries and the pinecones layering them on top with foam dots.  I used the same sentiment from A Cottage Christmas on each card.









I'm going to have so many cards ready by December - I might have enough for 2013 AND 2014!! LOL!!!



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Festive Foliage, A Cottage Christmas
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Memento Pear Tart and Danube Blue
Accessories:  Festive Foliage Cut Files (free!) - Waltzingmouse, foam dots.

14 comments:

Marlou McAlees said...

loving these cards ... beautiful :) x

Annette Allen said...

sorry for the delete comments.. too early in the morning..

YOur cards are gorgeous.. What a beautiful stamp set and stamped so pretty...great color combo...

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards.

Hugs Riet.xx

Deborah Frings said...

These are stunning! I really do like the colour combination!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Outstanding! This is an awesome color combo -- love how crisp images look against the white! Beautiful job mf!

Vickie Z said...

Julia....love these!! The simplicity and the colors are perfect with loads of white...white space like that makes me nervous :))

Anonymous said...

These are rock-on AWESOME!!!! Wow! Love (heart) love the color combo! You get the super coolness badge! :)

Pauline said...

These are gorgeous Julia, I love this colour combo, and these images are perfect for these bold colours.

paintedlady89 said...

These are so beautiful!
I love the colors against the white background. The cards shout exquisite, and they are!
Thank you for coming by for a visit to my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment!
Hugs,
Gigi

scrappymo! said...

Three lovely cards. The green is so vivid and i am a big fan of blue and green together!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty set of Christmas cards Julia! Love your choice of colors and stamps! Cheers from New Zealand!

Kelly S. said...

I love this set with the color scheme! So fresh and unique, Julia!

Kelly S. said...

Okay...I think I have it figured out. I'll email my solution re: commenting in case it ever happens to you :)!!

Unknown said...

Now THAT's a color combo! So crisp and so pretty. My fave WMS set :)