Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Floral Sympathy

My stash of Sympathy cards has unfortunately been depleted by a friend at work who had several co-workers lose parents in just a few weeks time.  I found inspiration for replenishing my cards in the CAS on Sunday Challenge - Floral Fantasy

I ended up making 5 cards using the same design with different ink colors since I had everything out on my work table.  I stamped the bloom, masked it and stamped the leaves - then I simply stamped the luscious scrolly sentiment over part of the bloom.

This is the first one I made using Ranger Distress Wild Honey, Crushed Olive, and Peacock Feathers along with Archival Black.  I added some enamel dots on the swirls of the sympathy sentiment.
On this one I used Dusty Concord on the bloom
Here I used Peacock Feathers
On this one I used Picked Raspberry
and for the final card I used Faded Jeans
For each one, I stamped the images on a 4" x 5 1/4" white panel and adhered it to my 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card - even though it's all white I think the layer adds depth and nice thickness to the card.  It makes a CAS card seem substantial!

The flower, leaves, and stamen are from Funky Flowers and the lovely sentiment is from Big Day Today - both new sets from Waltzingmouse.   The enamel dots are from My Minds Eye.

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Funky Flowers, Big Day Today
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Archival Jet Black, Ranger Distress Peacock Feathers, Crushed Olive, Wild Honey, Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans, Picked Raspberry.
Accessories:  Enamel dots - My Minds Eye.

7 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautiful cards, Julia, and what a great idea to make several at once. You're lucky to have a place to have your cards! Thanks for sharing :-)

Annette Allen said...

wow what gorgeous cards...i absolutely love that flower..

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful set of Sympathy cards Julia! Love the variety of color combos!

*Vicki* said...

Such beautiful designs with the flower in different array of colors Julia! It's better to make up this way than trying to put one together because you need it.

TFS! HUGS :)

Unknown said...

These are beautiful cards - love the simplicity of them.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog. It is very much appreciated.
Margaret E x

anja curvers said...

Very, very pretty cards love all of them. Glad you joined us over at CAS on sunday.

Anneke said...

Very stylish, these sympathy cards! Beautiful! Thanks for taking part in the CAS on Sunday challenge!