Friday, September 27, 2013

What Appears to be the End.....

I was fortunate enough to have one of my Mixed Media  projects chosen as the winner over at the Mixed Media Challenge a couple of weeks ago -  and so I just had to use some of the wonderful stamps and dies that I won on my project this week where the colors to use are lavender, grey and light green.
I decided to make a tag this time - and I used acrylic paint, black ink and black Color Shine Spray as my mediums.
First I dry brushed green acrylic paint over my gray die cut tag.  Then I stamped a text stamp using Archival Jet Black ink.  I next stamped the gears stamp using green acrylic paint over the stamp (be sure to wash your stamp immediately after stamping when you use acrylic paint!)
 I stamped the clock face over the edge and layered die cut gears over the center of the clock and around the hole in the top of the tag.  I added some enamel dots - and then spritzed the whole tag with Heidi Swapp Color Shine Black Velvet spray. (I almost ruined the whole tag - it's so hard to control a 'spritz' and I did have to re-stamp a couple of the sentiment pieces as they got covered in black!)
The sentiment stamp is from Dylusions.  In case you cannot see it all -  it reads "what appears to be the end is usually the start of a new beginning".

You still have time to link a project to Mona and Sue's Mixed Media Color Challenge -   I hope you'll check it out and join in!

Stamps:  Collage Backgrounds, MPD Timeless - My Favorite Things,  The Right Words - Dylusions.
Paper:  Wisteria Wonder, Basic Grey - SU
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  dies - tag and bookplate/Tim Holtz, MPD Time Pieces/My Favorite Things, Heidi Swapp Color Shine Black Velvet, Pea Shoot Acrylic Paint - Martha Stewart, brush, enamel dots - My Minds Eye, Foam dots, wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop.

12 comments:

Patti J said...

I've got to get brave enough to try some mixed media...this is awesome, Julia! Thanks for sharing, and congratulations!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a beautiful tag! Love the way you used the color challenge!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Marjan said...

Your tag turned out beautiful, Julia! Love the way the base looks and the gears and text give the finishing touch!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a beautiful tag Julia! Love all the gears and textured background! Thanks for joining along with A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

Dianne said...

Well Miss Julia, congrats on winning, I loved your last MM, this tag is absolutely gorgeous, love the sentiment, I would like to touch it, excellent work here my dear, thanks for sharing..

Lula said...

I admire your tag Julia- and not only this particular, your blog is full of stunning works!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous tag Julia, love those purples and the sentiment is so apt!

Mary Marsh said...

I always love the tags you create Julia-this one is another beauty-congrats on your win

Maria said...

Fabulous background! Love the clock piece and wonderful sentiment! Big congrats on your win with your mixed media project! Have a great week!:-)

Sue Lelli said...

Julia, LOVE how you used the gears and clocks you won! Aren't they just Fabulous! So is your tag! LOVE that sentiment, too! THX for playing with us at A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

I missed this tag earlier, its beautiful! beautiful, thanks for sharing how you did it!