Friday, December 20, 2013

Go For It!

I'm really excited about my card today -  you know how you feel when something comes together even better than you thought it would when you started out with the idea?  Well, that's this card for me!  I love the lines of it, the colors, the mix of shapes.........
I made it for this weeks' Freshly Made Sketches -  but used arrows instead of banners.  I drew the 'stitches' with a ruler and a black 01 micron pen.  The sentiment is from the Words of Wisdom set by Waltzingmouse.  The arrows die is from MFT.  I had a pile of  arrows already cut in several colors - left over from previous projects.  I just grabbed a bunch of them and laid them onto my card base until I liked how they looked! Then I added 3 enamel dots to the longest arrow, drew the 'stitches' and stamped the sentiment.  I have no idea what/who I'll use this card for - but I'm sure some event will come up that it will be perfect for! In the meantime - I'm just going to put it on my kitchen counter and look at it for a while!!! LOL!!
I can't believe it - but I'm all ready for Christmas.  Cards sent, presents bought and wrapped, gifts given to co-workers.  We have a small family - so I only have a few gifts to give.  And it means we can spend more time just enjoying each others company on Christmas day when we gather for dinner.

I'm actually off work Monday and Tuesday -  Kent has to have shoulder surgery and wouldn't you know - they scheduled it for 12/23 and he'll be overnight so I'll be picking him up sometime on Christmas Eve day - so it's just as well that I have everything done!

Stamps:  Words of Wisdom - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White, Kraft, True Black, Royal Velvet, Autumn Rose - PTI
Ink:  Archival  Jet Black
Accessories:  enamel dots - My Minds Eye, black 01 fine point pen, Arrows - Point the Way Dienamics/My Favorite Things.

10 comments:

Amy O said...

Love this card! What a great take on the sketch! Arrows are so trendy, and I love the way you've arranged them on this card. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

*Vicki* said...

This is a fabulous take on the sketch Julia!! I love the arrows and I always struggle with how to use them on my designs! ;) HUGS

Linda Suarez said...

I love this Julia! What a great interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches! And thanks for the sweet well wishes!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh my gosh, what a fantastic take on the sketch! The arrows are a great design! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Annette Allen said...

oh my heck I love how you used this sketch.. those arrows are perfect.. great designing.. i love it

Vicki Dutcher said...

I LOVE this card! Awesomely clean and graphic -- fabulous job~

Have a very Merry Christmas!!

~amy~ said...

This is fabulous Julia, love the use of the arrows!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Great design and colors!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Awesome card Julia! I LOVE the visual direction - straight ahead - go for it! Perfect!!!

Here's to a successful surgery with complete and quick recovery for Kent! Merry Christmas!!

Hugs!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This truly is an awesome cared Julia! Those arrows are so cool and work so well with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!