Saturday, August 2, 2014

My Kind of Handsome

I have a simple card for that fun dapper guy in your life - he could be a good friend, a co-worker or a dear husband - I think it works for all of these possibilities!
I used Rustic Cream cardstock for the top panel - layered onto a white card base.  I used a Stitched Mats Square die on the panel and a Small Bow Die for the bow tie - both from Lil' Inker Designs.  The perfect little sentiment stamps come from a set called My Kind of Guy by Waltzingmouse.  Inside I stamped a simple HAPPY BIRTHDAY so I could make it romantic or just friendly by the message I hand wrote inside.

My card was inspired by this week's Curtain Call Challenge
I like my little masculine card - masculine and not fishing or sports themed!

Stamps:  My Kind of Guy - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White, Rustic Cream - PTI, DP Vintage Vogue/Pink Paislee
Ink:  Archival Leaf Green
Accessories:  dies - Small Bow Die and Stitched Mats Squares - Lil' Inker Designs, glue dots. 

11 comments:

Redanne said...

I love the simplicity of your card Julia, it is a real beauty! Hugs, Anne xx

Lynn said...

A CAS beauty Julia.

~amy~ said...

now how fun is this?! Love it Julia!
Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call!

Betty Wright said...

This is too cute and fabulously done, Julia!

I linked to your homemade enamel dots in my post today. I melted me some, too! It is so cool! Hope that is ok! Thanks for the tute!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

This is just the cutest.....masculine, and general at the same time!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Fabulous masculine card, Julia! Thanks for playing along with the Curtain Call challenge!

Loll said...

Love the rainbow-colored bow tie ... so clever! Perfect CAS card Julia! Loll xx

Marisa said...

Great bow tie and love the colours. Great sentiment too :) Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

Deepti said...

Somehow I missed this beautiful card, Love the clean look and happy colors "_

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia, love your fun coloured bow tie! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Julia. Love the bow and the words... great masculine design. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.