Friday, October 9, 2015

Batty About You

Happy weekend everyone one!  here in the USA it's a LONG weekend - celebrating Columbus Day on Monday - whoo hoo!!
I have a tag card to share today and I used my Petite Places Spook Manor dies and stamps from PTI for the first time!
 I love this Tag Sale #4 die from PTI, it's like a little ornament!  I inked the background on it using a technique I learned at at Wendy Vecchi class (see her Youtube video here) -  I put some drops of WV Archival reinkers (Violet, Pink and Buttercup) on my craft mat then splashed on some Rubbing Alcohol and mixed it with a pallet knife.  Then I dragged a panel of Ranger Specialty paper through the mix - adding more drips and more rubbing alcohol to the panel until I got the color mix and design I was happy with.  I dried the panel with my heat tool and then cut it with the tag die.
The house, window frames, fences and bats are dies from Petite Places Spook Manor.  The tiny stars, tree and landscape are Scene It Hallows Eve dies.
The fun sentiment is from Peek A Boo Sentiments by Waltzingmouse. 

I'm linking my card to these challenges:


SCS Mixability Challenge - to use reinkers
SCS Free 4 All Challenge - use at least 2 shades of purple 
Happy Weekend everyone!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Peek A Boo Sentiments
Paper: Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper, White, True Black Royal Velvet and Lemon Tart - PTI, DP 6x6 Authentique Enchanted
Paper Size: 4 1/4" x 4 1/4"
Ink: Harvest Gold, True Black - PTI, Reinkers: Wendy Vecchi Archival Pink, Buttercup and Violet
Accessories: Dies - Petite Places Spook Manor, Scene It Hallows Eve, Tage It #4 - PTI, wrinkled seam tape, foam dots, Rubbing Alcohol


7 comments:

Annette Allen said...

oh my word that tag is AWESOME.. i love this

Redanne said...

It really is like a little ornament and I love how you decorated it too! Have a happy Columbus day holiday Julia. Hugs, Anne xx

Kim Heggins said...

This is so fabulous...love your sweet batty scene!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a fun card Julia! Love the scene you created! All the bats look fabulous!

Deb said...

A great Halloween card Julia, fabulous background and love the spooky house! Deb xo

Jen Mitchell said...

What a cool, spooky Halloween scene!

Words and Pictures said...

Such a cute batty bauble - a really fun make.
Alison xx