Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Wired Blooms Wall Hanging

Today, as a member of Eileen Hull's Sizzix Inspiration Team - I have a second project to share using her new Twist and Style tool.
Eileen Hull Twist and Style Tool from Sizzix
  The Twist and Style Tool will be available soon so check your local stores and the Eileen Hull Sizzix Page for updates.
Last Tuesday - I posted a Halloween decoration (see it here if you missed it!)  
This week I made some wire blooms and adhered them to a slice of  barked wood I had in my stash to create a wall hanging..
This time I used a dark green floral 24 gauge wire.
And I just free form bent the twisted wire to look like flowers with a little loop on the bottom end that could be a root or a leaf!  I glued them to the wood at spots where the wire touched the wood.
I stenciled the piece of wood using WV Archival Leaf Green ink on the bottom half of the wood with Tim Holtz Burlap stencil, and WV Archival Sky Blue Ink on the top half.  Then I used WV Archival Buttercup ink through Tim's Rays stencil on the top half.  I stuck an Idea-ology Memo Pin into the top of the piece so I could hang it on the wall.
I laid the Rays stencil over the inking again and brushed Crazing Distress Collage Medium over it so the rays had a little texture and shine - I think you can see it a little on the photo above.
This is a photo of the back of the wood piece - so you can see the wood center and bark edge - The stamp says MADE IN PORTUGAL  you can also see where I practiced stenciling with the green ink to see if it would show!
To finish off my little wall hanging (this measures ~4" x 6 1/2") I added bird, bumblebee, mushroom and sentiment  Idea-ology Remnant Rubs/Botanical, two Big Chat Stickers and one Small Talk sticker.  I stuck an enamel dot in the center of each bloom.
Please be sure to check over at Eileen's blog for more inspiration using this fun Twist and Style tool!

I'm also linking my project to:
Stamps and Stencils - Time to Take Flight
 Ink:  Wendy Vecchi Archival Leaf Green, Sky Blue and Buttercup.
Accessories:  slice of barked wood from my stash, 24 gauge green floral wire, Twist and Style Tool - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, Crazing Distress Collage Medium - Ranger, Burlap and Rays Stencils - Tim Holtz, Idea-ology Small Talk stickers, Big Chat Stickers, Remnant Rubs/Botanical, Memo Pin,  enamel dots - Michaels, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive.

8 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love your wire blooms Julia and I love the fact you added them to a piece of wood to give them a real rustic charm. Tracy x

Marybeth said...

Oh my goodness , you are going to town and making some amazing projects with the wire! Awesome Julie!

Redanne said...

Julia, this is beautiful, I love the look of the wire against the natural wood and your stencilling just enhances it. Love this! Hugs, Anne xx

eileen hull said...

Love this organic collage Julia! So much cool texture!

toni said...

Fabulous hanging Julia. Love your wooden substrate and the subtle background treatment, preserving the natural beauty of the wood. The wire forms are fab too. Oh dear , I see another 'must have' tool on the horizon ! Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us over at Stamps and Stencils. Toni x

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Julia! What a fun and creative project! Love the wire twisted flowers! Hope you have a great weekend!

Deb said...

What an inventive project Julia, thanks for sharing it! Deb xo

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful art on wood, Julia, love those wire flowers!
Thanks for inspiration.