Thursday, September 8, 2016

Marble Anniversary

Well, I don't think there is a "Marble" anniversary (!?) but today I have an anniversary card to share - where I used the marbling technique on the panel!
My card is another entry into the CAS Mix Up Challenge - and the challenge is to use stamps, marbling, and your choice.    I stamped the background with Ornate Dots Background Stamp by Wendy Vecchi in Hibiscus Burst and the sentiment From Hero Arts in Archival Jet Black. I used Andy Skinners marbling with alcohol inks technique shown on his video here.  I used Stitched Mat dies from Lil Inker Designs on the card base and the panel, (the panel is popped up on foam dots)  and I added 3 dew drops.
This time I used a manila tag with the marbling. (see another card I made here using gloss card.) The technique is to drop 3-4 colors of alcohol inks into a bowl of water and then dip the panel you want colored in and out of the water.  The inks float on the top and catch on the material as you dip it  - there's not much controlling of the design you will end up with - I love the patterns of color that I got here!  I used Adirondack Alcohol Inks in the colors of Bright Sail Boat Blue, Wild Plum, Butterscotch and Bright Citrus.
This anniversary card is going to my good stamping buddy - Ann Harmon and her husband, Jay, who are celebrating their 53rd anniversary today!  
 
Here's the link to the CAS Mix Up Card Challenge

Stamps:  Ornate Dots - Wendy Vecchi/Studio 490/Stampers Anonymous, Happy Anniversary - Hero Arts.
Ink:  Archival Jet Black, Hibiscus Burst - PTI, Adirondack Alcohol Inks - Sailboat Blue, Wild Plum, Butterscotch, Citrus.
Paper:  Manilla tag - Ranger, Rustic Cream Card - PTI
Accessories:  water, bowl, Stitched Mat Rectangle Dies - Lil' Inker Designs, foam dots, Dew Drops.

8 comments:

Redanne said...

Hmm, that's a great technique, I have seen it used with shaving foam but not water - one to try in the future. You certainly got a beautiful result and I reckon you could start a new trend with marble as an anniversary! Hugs, Anne xx

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What a beautiful effect - I'll have to try that one! I love your card and know that your friends will love it, too!

Bonnie said...

Love these colors, Julia! I like the pattern the marbling made. It looks like a landscape scene! Thanks for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!

~amy~ said...

This is fabulous!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful Floating Alcohol Ink Marbling background Julia. I love all your colors, textures and stenciling behind your main image. TFS my friend and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, nancy

Susan said...

Lovely colours and technique! Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

Gramma Sarah said...

Love the marbling- an outdoor scene!!! Great card.

Loll said...

Another beauty with this fun technique. The colours are really beautiful together. I bet Ann and her husband were so thrilled with this wonderful card. 53 years ... that is something to celebrate!! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up. xx