Wednesday, September 13, 2017

A Golden Deer

Today I have a card to share that I made for a few challenges.
I made my watercolor wash background by first brushing water over the area I wanted to have color on.  Then I added blue watercolor paint to my brush and brushed it across the water from side to side moving the brush down each 'row'.  I added more blue to my brush when I hit midway to have a little delineation between sky and ground. 
I added a golden deer silhouette that I cut with the Mini Reindeer Movers and Shapers die from Tim Holtz.  I added golden starts using Remnant Rubs/Gilded Holidays from Idea-ology.  And I stamped the Merry Christmas with Versamark and embossed in gold.

I'm linking my card to:
I used stamping, watercolor wash background, rub ons, and a die cut.
I love ALL the Holiday Movies - but especially love the kids ones so my card was inspired by Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer!
(although here, Rudolph has matured and is more contemplative!)
My gold stars/snowflakes, the deer and the embossed sentiment really sparkle IRL!
One more for the Christmas Box!

Stamps:  Inside and Out Holiday - PTI
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Arches Watercolor Paper, gold cardstock - Michaels
Accessories:  watercolor paints, brush, water, Gold embossing powder, heat tool, Remnant Rubs/Gilded Holidays - Idea-ology, Mini Reindeer Movers and Shapers Die - Tim Holtz/Alterations, foam dots.


18 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your wash is beautiful, Julia, and I love this sweet young reindeer! He's one of my favorites too. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous blue washed background, Julia - perfect for your golden Rudolph!!

Annette Allen said...

such a pretty card.. i love the blue background

Susan said...

Beautiful washed background! That deer die is one of my favourites - and it makes a perfect silhouette! Thanks for adding it to CAS Watercolour!

Leslie Miller said...

Watercolor is so much fun to play with! I love that golden deer and the pretty gold stars you added. A lovely Christmas card!

Loll said...

Love your two shades of blue for your watercolour wash. Great job Julia!! And I love that golden reindeer. Need to get that die-cut! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Stunning! I love the wash of color - it's just right! The golden reindeer is fabulous against that background!

JoAnn said...

Love the shades of blue watercolor wash and the gold reindeer. Very pretty card. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday.

nancy littrell said...

Love how you added gold stars to your pretty watercolour wash background, Julia. Your elegant gold deer (reindeer for Christmas) too. TFS and joining us at CAS Watercolour too. Hugs..

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card Julia, I love the CAS design. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Christine Alexander said...

Stunning watercolour background Julia, I love your gold splatters.
Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour :)

Ina G said...

What a fabulously simple background. Love the addition of the stars and that gold reindeer is stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers September Christmas Challenge.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Such a pretty card. I love your blue wash background.
xxx

Kim Heggins said...

Julia...this is so beautiful, love that gold deer! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday!

Sue said...

Love your gold stars and sweet reindeer, Julia. That die-cut is lovely and your watercolour wash is beautiful.

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely card Julia...the gold really elevates the look of your pretty image...great washed bkg. too.
Thanks for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge.
xx Karen

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely simplicity, and the watercolour background gives the perfect touch of artsiness.
Alison x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Julia... so simple, and so stunning. Thanks for linking up and playing with us at Happy Little Stampers September Christmas Challenge.