Sunday, September 3, 2017

Two for Christmas

I have a couple of Christmas cards to share today that I made for two different challenges over at Splitcoaststampers.
My first card was for the Inspiration Challenge -  Audrie had us look at the Moleskine Journal website for inspiration.  I was inspired by this Harry Potter journal photo:
And here is the card I created - layering grey die cuts over kraft card.
My second card was for the SCS Featured Stamper Challenge where Chris (Inkpad on SCS) was the Featured Stamper and we were to choose a card of hers to CASE. (copy and share everything)
This is Chris's card that I CASED.
 And here is my card.  We are supposed to change several things on our cards.
I had smaller cat dies and since my two cats are grey I made my die cut cats gray, used a die to make the snow in the sky, used different DP and different sentiment. I also added a silver star to the snowy sky. I brushed over the little wooden star with a silver glitter Wink of Stella Brush.  I used Kraft Core Cordinations on frame, sky and cats and sanded them all a bit to expose the kraft core.

I hope everyone on the US is having a great Labor Day long weekend!
Mountain Christmas
Stamps: Alpine Christmas - Waltzingmouse (retired)
Paper: Kraft, Soft Stone, Ocean Tides, White - PTI
Ink: True Black, Ocean Tides - PTI 
Accessories: houses die - Ali Epress, mountains - Alpine Christmas Die Set - Waltzingmouse (retired)

Silent Cats
Stamps: Silent Night - PTI 
Paper: Vintage Cream, white - PTI, Kraft Core Coredinations, DP Brioche/Memory Box
Ink: True Black - PTI 
Accessories: Grand Madison Window Die, Cozy Kitties Die, Sitting Cat Die - Poppy Stamps, Snow Fall Die - Memory Box, Silver glitter Wink of Stella Brush, wooden star - Hobby Lobby, foam dots, mini sander - Ranger.      

9 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Julia, two great cards, the cats look as though they are looking for mice outside and the the street scene is so sweet. Love both cards :)

Bonnie said...

Love this pretty village, Julia! I think kraft card is perfect for a winter scene. And cute kitties looking out the window at the snow falling!

Redanne said...

Both cards are beautiful Julie, I am particularly drawn to the second one, it looks so welcoming and I do love cats!! Hugs, Anne xx

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I love your interpretation of the card! Excellent work!!

Susan said...

Two lovely cards for your Christmas stash! Especially love the second one with the snowy night sky and the two sweet little cats.

Leslie Felton said...

Hi Julia,
Do you have a link for the house die? I can't find anything for Ali Epress.
Thanks! Leslie

Kim Heggins said...

Two simply sweet cards Julia. Love that adorable window scene.

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards Julia. Kraft and gray look amazing together. I don't think I've seen that on any other card before. So cool! And love those cute cats looking out at the falling snow - adorable! xx

sarascloset said...

Sweet, sweet Christmas cards! I am particularly drawn to the one with the two kitties looking out the window. You've taken the inspiration and RAN with it! Hugs to you!