Friday, February 16, 2018

Flowered Cross

Easter is coming fast upon us being on April 1st this year -  so I'm already making cards for it.
I die cut the cross out of Vintage Cream Linen card using a really old Nestability Cross die.  I layered it over this lovely floral patterned paper on foam dots and onto a Vintage Cream Linen card base.  I used dies from Noted: Scalloped A2 set by PTI to cut the paper and the card base.

I stamped an old foam stamp sentiment in black on Vintage Cream Linen and punched it with an oval punch.  I layered that in the center of the cross with foam dots and then layered these pretty Prima flowers around the cross using various thickness of foam dots.

I made this card today for the Splitcoaststampers Mixability Challenge where we are to use patterned paper background and NOT cover it all up!

I'm linking my card to:
The Card Concept -  Mine is clean and layered
Stamps:  unknown foam stamp 
Paper:  Vintage Cream Linen -PTI, DP Miss Caroline/My Minds Eye
Ink: Hero arts Black
Accessories: Cross Die - Nestabilities, Noted: Scalloped A2 - PTI, small oval punch - SU, foam dots, Prima Travelers Journal Flowers

11 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful Easter Card!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

A beautiful and perfect Easter card! Nice work!!

Samra said...

Oh my, this is stunning! So elegant and gorgeously heartwarming!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Christine Alexander said...

Julia, so beautiful, wonderful Easter card

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous floral DSP background for your ornate cross and pretty flowers. TFS your beautiful Easter card, Julia. Hugs..

froebelsternchen said...

Just so beautiful Julia! Precious!

Bonnie said...

This is such a beautiful cross and the paper says spring! This is lovely, my friend!

Susan Powell said...

This is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

Nancy Penir said...

Julia, that gorgeous die on your card took my breath away! I think I need that one! Beautiful card. Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

The cross is beautiful especially the way you have arranged the flowers on it! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

Mary Marsh said...

This is such a pretty card for Easter - I like the background paper you used- florals always work for a Spring themed card- hope the church sale goes well