Saturday, March 3, 2018

CAS Christmas Challenge - Holly

I'm so excited to see Loll and Bonnie's new CAS Christmas Challenge launching today!  And their theme this month is Holly -   I love holly and have several stamps and dies of it so I think I'll be playing along a lot this month!  And I sure do love having all my cards ready to send when December rolls around - don't you?!
Here's my card.
I had these fun Mat Minis Holly and Berries from Wendy Vecchi/Stampers Anonymous - they are made of some kind of chipboard and coordinate with Wendy's Stamp It Stencil It Holiday Icons stamp/stencil set
I inked the stamp up with Archival Jet Black Ink and pressed the holly piece over the stamp (it's easier than trying to line up the stamp over the cut out!)  I did the same thing with the berries piece and then sponged over the holly leaves with Wendy Vecchi Archival Leaf Green Ink and the berries with WV Archival Red Geranium Ink.
I embossed the background panel with Tim Holtz/Sizzix Wood Planks embossing folder and die cut the  Holiday Frames from Simon Says Stamp.  I adhered everything to the white card base.
I made four cards while I had the supplies out -  so into my Christmas Box they go!
Here's a link to the CAS Christmas Card Challenge -  we have until March 24th to get our holly cards linked up and we can enter 3 times!

Stamps:  Stamp It Stencil It Holiday Icons - Wendy Vecchi/Stampers Anonymous
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Wendy Vecchi Archival Red Geranium, Fern Green,  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Holiday Frames Die - Simon Says Stamp, Mat Minis Holly and Berries - Wendy Vecchi/Stampers Anonymous, Wood Planks Embossing Folder - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Tombow Glue.

18 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous woodplank dry eb background for your beautiful chip board holly, Julia. Such a fun 1st challenge for Bonnie and Loll's new CAS Christmas Card Challenge:-) I will be playing soon. I am finally feeling motivated to start my Christmas cards early:-)

Hugs...

Mac Mable said...

Love how you've framed the gorgeous holly and berries with that die cut. The dry embossing sets of your card amazingly and what a beautiful CAS Christmas card.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, love the ef you've used and how the red and green pops against the white textures, Cathy x

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Love it!!!

LeAnne said...

I love it too! Thanks for the heads-up on Bonnie & Loll's new challenge!

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful card! Brilliant!oxo Susi

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Julia, beautiful card! I've never heard of this challenge, but love everything Loll and Bonnie organise. Heading to this challenge now. Thank you! - Sweet Kobylkin

Bonnie said...

Woot! Four beautiful holly cards in the stash! This holly is beautiful and I love how you've framed it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CAS Christmas Card Challenge!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Hey gf! Fun new challenge love the green holly against the white!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a stunning CAS holly card, Julia! The background wood planks dry embossing give a great texture to the card, and the green holly & red berries beautifully pop against the white frame and the embossed background panel. Thank you for sharing with us and starting off the gallery at CAS Christmas! Hideko xx

Loll said...

Beautiful card Julia. Love that sweet holly. So cool to have the stamp and matching chipboard pieces. I am loving that plank dry embossed background. Need to get that!! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful holly card with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Susan said...

Love the way you framed the holly with the sentiment die! And it all looks fabulous set on the embossed planks background!

Susan said...

Also meant to say, thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

Julia, awesome CAS Holly Christmas card, I love the white embossed background with the pop of colour from the holly. Thanks for the tip about inking, I'll have to try that. So glad you joined us at CAS Christmas :)

Trina P. said...

Fabulous card, Julia. Brilliant way to feature the holly, having it be the only colored element on your gorgeous white on white background. Love this. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas. xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

The pop of ivy color looks stunning with the white!

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful card! Love the pop of the holly against your white textured background!

Darnell said...

Ah, sis, this is amazing and way to go making a Fourfer while you were at it!! Congratulations on the well-deserved shoutout from CAS Christmas! This is a fantastic design!! Hugs, Darnell